Reviews and About Alan
Listed below are some positive reviews from clients here in the community.
- I first met Alan when he was the listing agent for the condo I purchased. He was professional, neighborly, and the best possible representative for the property and the neighborhood. When it came time for me to sell that same condo, there was no other choice for my listing agent. Alan worked closely with me to ensure the condo was prepped to show as well as could be, accommodated my needs for timing, listed the condo so that it showed beautifully online, and then managed the offerors and the eventual auction process so that I achieved a better outcome than I could have hoped for. I can't make a higher recommendation than mine for Alan Wagman - thank you, Alan! - Nicholas Schacht, former owner of 305 S. Payne St. #501 (Landon model)
- As of this month, I am a first-time home-owner and Alan was my realtor. I had an extremely positive experience working with Alan and would recommend him without reservation to anyone. He is knowledgeable, honest, and a great person to work with. He was very proactive, letting me know about properties that were coming on the market and showing me a variety of properties I did not even know existed in order to give me a full picture of what is available and to get a better sense of location, amenities, and other important factors that would figure into the final decision. Alan walked me through the bidding and closing processes, both of which were new to me. Once we closed, he helped me to find trustworthy contractors to work on the upgrades I wanted. If you've ever worked with an unreliable contractor, you understand how important this is. I consider myself fortunate to have had such a good realtor on the first go-around.
- Bryan Schaaf, former owner of 404 S. Payne St. (Emerson model)
- We highly recommend our realtor, Alan Wagman. Our townhouse sold in TWO days - Alan was there advising on paint, problems, suggestions for a better look - you name it. If you don't already have a realtor, you should give him a call. He is wonderful and extremely detail-oriented.
- Mike and Robin Cellini, former owners of 316 S. Payne St. (Gibbon model)
25 Great Years Living in Old Town Village and About Alan
I am what residents in Old Town Village call an "original owner." I purchased my townhome in 1997 from the builder, Eakin Youngentob (now known as EYA). My home was in the second quadrant of homes that were built and it was very exciting to see my home constructed from foundation to finished product. I moved into my home in the summer of 1998 and have happily resided here since. My wife and I have children that attend our districted elementary school, Lyles-Crouch Traditional Academy. We're just blocks away from the conveninent Lee Recreation Center, maintained by the city, which features a special use, soft surface baseball field, a playground and lighted tennis and basketball courts.
Old Town Village is a special and unique place to live. It is a two block walk to King St., Old Town's main thoroughfare, but it is tucked away just far enough so that the community has its own identity and feel. The community is anchored by the Roundhouse community center and outdoor patio which draws residents for social gatherings, homeowner association meetings and the fitness center. In the summer, the outdoor swimming pool and indoor Jacuzzi is open to residents. The pool was converted to salt water and provides and enjoyable swimming experience for residents and their guests.
I left the computer hardware industry in 2003 after a successful 11 year career selling built to order computer systems to prime contractors supporting enterprise level projects and programs within federal government agencies. I also managed computer hardware contracts supporting several branches of the U.S. armed forces worldwide. Being a lifelong Washingtonian having grown up in Potomac, MD, going to college at the University of Maryland and having spent most of my adult life in Alexandria, I have witnessed the DC Metro region evolve into one of the most prosperous and technologically advanced urban areas in the country. The arrival of the Amazon.com HQ2 headquarters in Pentagon City and the National Science Foundation across from the Eisenhower Ave. Metro Station have accelerated the continued development in the Potomac Yard and Old Town areas of the city.
With the growth and opportunities of the local residential real estate market, I felt I was ready for the challenge of branching out on my own and starting my own real estate business. Since joining RE/MAX Allegiance in 2004, I have sold $90 Million in residential real estate. In 2023, I sold over $2 Million and rented 14 homes for landlord/owner clients.
My skills and prior experience in competing for, winning and managing multi-million contracts in the commercial and government contracting world translated perfectly to handle the responsibilities of a Realtor during residential real estate transactions where so much is on the line for my clients.
During seller consultations, I provide crucial advice and feedback as to what improvements and enhancements might be needed so that the buyer can focus on the important qualities of the home. The advice that I've provided to my clients has enabled homeowners to sell their homes with exceptional financial outcomes in a timely manner.
Some of the improvements that my clients have made based on referrals to outstanding contractors that I work with include installation of granite counters, undermount sinks, tile backsplashes, hardwood floors, fixtures, drywall repair, painting, roofs and plumbing upgrades. Tasteful painting throughout the interior can completely change the look of a home. Common upgrades have been renovations of kitchens and master bathrooms. Some townhome and courtyard home owners have replaced their roofs, windows and deck floors with Trex which have added a fresh look to many of the homes in the community.
If you are a buyer looking in Old Town Village or other communities in Alexandria, I have outstanding knowledge of the various neighborhoods that make up the surrounding area. I have all of the tools and resources to keep you completely informed of any new listings that might meet your exact search requirements. If you're a seller, I have detailed knowledge your model home and will provide an exceptional marketing experience which will result in your home selling in a timely manner with a superior financial outcome.
Selling residential real estate is not just a job but a personal commitment because I am helping a client with what is often one of their most important lifetime financial decisions. Having a dedicated and devoted Realtor thinking about the myriad of variables that can occur during a real estate transaction is essential. I have 20 years of experience as one of the top Realtors in the Washington, DC area and a detailed knowledge of the the market. I know how to navigate what can be a complicated process and my goal is always to have a sucessful outcome and a happy client!
If you are considering selling your home or looking to buy one here in Old Town Village, or in another location, I would be delighted to work with you. Please don't hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.